Perth, Lunch with a Wills & Estate Lawyer
Join Business Women Australia as we enjoy a light lunch with one of WA’s most experienced and renowned Wills and Estates Lawyers, Janene Bon. This is your opportunity to hear about Janene’s career and to have many questions answered about Wills, Deceased Estates and Succession Planning. Join the conversation, meet like-minded business women and learn about the importance of being proactive and having an up-to-date Will and Estate Plan in place.
- What happens if a loved one dies without a Will?
- What is an Estate Plan and who should have one?
- What if the Will doesn’t appoint an Executor?
- Is it important to have an Advance Health Directive?
- What if the executor appointed in the Will is under 18?
- When should Probate be sought?
- What is the position if there are two Executors and they don’t agree?
- Does an adopted child qualify as a “natural” child in an estate?
- When do legacies have to be paid?
- Do Estate monies have to be placed in an Estate Bank account?
- Is a Power of Attorney liable to Stamp Duty?
- Does a Power of Attorney have to be registered before a contract can be signed by the Attorney?
- … and more.
A light lunch will be provided by our generous hosts at HHG Legal Group. Places are limited to 16 attendees so be quick to secure your seat at the boardroom table.
About Janene Bon;
Janene Bon is a Special Counsel in the Wills and Estate Planning and Property team at HHG Legal Group. She brings extensive experience in Estate and Succession Planning, Trusts, Superannuation, Deceased Estates, and Property Law. During her career, Janene has worked with many high profile and successful individuals, families and businesses; she has also assisted charitable and not-for-profit organisations with legal advice and bequest programs. Having worked in the Estate Planning and Estate Administration areas with the banking and financial sectors, Janene holds qualifications in law and financial planning. She enjoys working closely with accountants, financial advisers and other legal professionals to ensure her clients needs are well planned for and met. Janene has been admitted to the Supreme Court of WA and the High Court of Australia. She is also an experienced public speaker and presents regularly to the accounting, financial and legal professions, clients, professional associations and business groups.
About Lyn Hawkins;
Lyn is the National Director of Business Women Australia and a management consultant with a focus on business growth, marketing and sales. She has held senior roles with KPMG, Telstra, HHG Legal Group, HLB Mann Judd and Broadreach Communications, in addition to General Management roles with technology-based businesses. As a Principal of a successful consulting practice Lyn works predominantly with professional services firms (legal, accounting, medical and technology) developing and implementing business strategies. As the National Director of BWA, Lyn oversees the strategic and operational management across each state.
ABOUT BUSINESS WOMEN AUSTRALIA
BWA is fast becoming one of the most influential national groups, connecting women in business across sectors, professions, and states, including;
- business owners and entrepreneurs
- directors, executives and managers
- ‘C’ suite and women on boards
- emerging leaders
- consultants and coaches
- academics and teachers
Business Women Australia is focused on key development areas for women in business;
- Community Building & Engagement
- Leadership & Management
- Business Improvement
- Professional & Personal Growth
- Visibility & Influence
- Networking & Referrals
- Finance, HR, Technology & Marketing